Sunday, April 22, 2012

I should do this more often!

I've gotten out of the habit of writing. I think about it often, but it is very hard to make myself sit down and do it. That's too bad because these are the days I'll want to remember someday, even if I think I'd like to forget about some of them now.

It's far easier to flip on the TV or play some mind numbing computer game than actually convert my thoughts into text. It's easier to cruise Facecrack. When I finally get all the children off to bed, I want to completely power down my mind.

Here is a little of what's been happening:

Theo was diagnosed with H. pylori. Poor little dude! Thank goodness I finally took him in for a GI consult and a scope. He's been doing so wonderfully since his treatment, very little throwing up, very few really cranky days. I now know he was in pain for a very long time.

Look! He's nearly learned to RUN!!

Rose had a birthday. The camera loves her! Looking forward to homeschooling her next fall.

Ralph got a new bed! And he is almost 100% done learning to potty! These really deserves blog posts of their own. I'll put that on my to do list.

I've been determined for years to have a garden. This year I started 72 seedlings in my kitchen window to force myself to get that garden going. Today my handsome hubs tilled the garden area behind the backyard fence, out of reach of the dumb, digging dogs. My goal this week is to get those babies in the ground.

Oh, and lookie what I made out of a pallet? I found a photo of this on Facecrack (it's not just a huge distraction!), and put it together in just a few hours. I love not having to pull weeds and grass out of this garden!

Looking good, huh? Cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage! Room for spinach and hmm, not sure what else I'll put in there...


Oh, and I've gone a little nuts and put in some grapes, a peach tree and a four-in-one cherry tree! I have found digging in the dirt to be very calming and soothing. It's good medicine for this "fragile" mom.

I say fragile because that's what my pastor said today in the second part of his sermon series on anger. I don't have a lot of margin in my life right now. Moms like me are susceptible to anger management problems. I'm going to be listening to this series online a few more times. You can, too, HERE.

Wow, I've missed this! I should try to write more often. :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Theo RUNNING??? AMAZING!!! Blows my mind. So glad you found the H.pylori though and he's feeling so much better. Love the gardening too. You go girl! Still too wet and cold here to start.

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

He IS amazing! I feel so bad that it took so long to diagnose.