Monday, December 17, 2012

Week two

Today marks two weeks since I left home. 


Maxim is great! He has learned my version of Pat A Cake and can do it with no prompting. He has a little trouble "rolling it," but we can work on that some more later.

Can I just say that I was very nervous about adopting an older child? I might not have had the courage if not for a certain young missionary girl who has visited him often over the past year or so.  But, these kids are amazing! I have also had a chance to hang out with many older kids and teens here, and they are so emotionally open, full of hope, and life. They ALL say, "please adopt me, too!"

The children I met last night were surprised that I wish to adopt "sick" kids. They wanted to know why? One boy offered to become sick to have a family.

Do you get that?

This handsome, intelligent English speaking boy was willing to have Down Syndrome if it meant that he could have a family. If you are reading this, and your heart is pierced, won't you consider what you might do for one of these little lambs?

And by the way, would you kindly leave a little comment for me? With over 500 hits each day, it's a little discouraging to only get spam comments. Please delurk for me, would you?

15 comments:

Bessie said...

raying for you as you enter week two away from the rest of your family. praying that bonding continues with Maxim. Praying for a court date soon!

Bessie said...

raying for you as you enter week two away from the rest of your family. praying that bonding continues with Maxim. Praying for a court date soon!

Michelle said...

Praying that you get everything worked out and get to bring your newest addition home soon.

Julie said...

So wonderful to see Maxim doing well and getting to know you! Prayers for his tummy and for your sick babies at home!!

Leah Spring said...

It's funny...for us we can ONLY adopt "older" kids. Axel was 10 when he came home, Asher 7. Our new little guy is 9. I cherish the days they have with us doing all the 'firsts', because they come to us babies in so many ways, but physically adulthood is right around the corner. Praying for you my friend.

Kat said...

*delurking* Hi! I read every time you post. I think I've been reading since you brought Theo and Zhen home. I love seeing how far they have come! Maxim is precious and I'm so glad you are finally there to get him. I hope everything works out with the paper work so you can come home soon.
--Kat

Mama To My Crew said...

I am following right along with you, Stephanie! Maxim is just wonderful. God picked him to be your son, and you to be his Mama. Doesn't He have a wonderful plan? I am praying for you to stay as warm as you can, and for court to come soon.

In His Love,
~Jenni Earleywine

Carissa said...

Maxim just looks like he is going to fit right in!! He has such a sweet smile!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! I hope it all works out for Christmas...breaks my heart that we can't find homes for all the lovies ;( lots of hugs, Nicole

Milena said...

*delurking*
I read now and then, but try to follow your journey to bring home Maxim! I'm so happy for him! I remember reading about him on so many different blogs before.

Tidepool said...

Here to delurk!

I love your Maxim and love reading about your journey! You have such courage and conviction.

Julia said...

YOU KNOW I AM HERE!! HELLOO.... HELLOOOOOOO..... Hang it there... a year from now this will be a fond memory and you will be tempted to go back and get another one!!!! :)

Melissa said...

Have been praying for Maxim for a year. I'm sure I'm just one of many who have loved him through the missionary videos!Yes,older, but so, so worth it!

Elizabeth said...

Sorry! I love reading your story and am so so happy you are getting Max. He seems like such a sweet young boy with so much potential! Take care!

rosedel said...

I read all your posts. I am enjoying hearing about Maxim. I'll say prayers for all of you.