Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tired.

Last week was exhausting. Now that I know Ralphie NEEDS his oxygen on all the time he has started ripping it off at night! I've been very thankful that he has worn a cannula for so long that it doesn't seem to bother him. Now it seems to bother him while he sleeps.

I reset his O2 meter to alarm at 93, so I can get him back above 95 ASAP. So now I'll bet I get up 15 times each night to put the cannula back on. Thank goodness James was home this weekend so I could catch a nap. He is taking Richard and Wes to North Carolina tomorrow for a week, so I'm sure I won't get another nap for awhile.

Tonight I'm going to try mittens on Ralphie. I've heard that other children are less likely to grab and pull things off when their hands are covered. I'll let you know how it goes.

On another note, Wesley got a job this week. He will start when he gets back from N.C. I was on my way to pick him up after his last interview when I noticed that he had started walking home. Then I noticed him fall down. Then I noticed him fall down again! He really hurt his ankle.

When we got home I could see a huge lump on his ankle, like a bone sticking out. I grabbed daddy's crutches, from when he broke his leg last fall, and we set out for the minor emergency office. I have to laugh every time I picture Wesley using his daddy's crutches. They are way too short, but it was better than nothing.

It turns out that the lump was just swelling and the ankle was not broken or dislocated. It was just a very bad sprain. Thank goodness.

1 comments:

Pam said...

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I have been thinking of you lots. I am sorry about the PH values being high again.

Have they done a sleep study and looked into apnea. Have they done a swallow study to check for aspiration, a PH probe for Reflux? An upper GI?

All of these things were what made Rhett's PH so severe, and now that we have gone through these last few months of hell, he seems to be on the road to recovery. His sats are at 98 on room air during the day, and his sats at night are around 93, so he is still on O2 at night, but is improving. This nissen and g-tube were the best things we have ever done for him health-wise.

Let me know if you need to talk. I am sorry things are still so stinking crazy for you.

I think of you often.((HUGS))