Saturday, October 31, 2009

Success!

Get It Down; 31 for 21


Success! I was able to complete the 31 for 21 challenge this year. (I know, I did cheat a few times with photos.) It has been a great experience to get back into the swing of blogging again.

Today was busy. Dad, Ruby and I got up early to drive up to Lawrence for the 5A/6A State Cross Country meet. What a beautiful day for a run! Richard posted a personal best time on a very challenging course.

We got home just in time to get dressed for Halloween and do a quick pumpkin carve. Here is my little pirate longing to go outside. Please ignore the smudgy window. Between Ralph and the dog, I give up!

Going to find the other kids.

Oops, forgot my treat bag!

My handsome boy! I can't believe how much he has grown in just a year.

Ralph with his "crew."

Ralph had his first trick-or-treating experience tonight. He LOVED it. He started banging on the door for the whole group. He did one of his Ralphie screams instead of yelling trick-or-treat. Then after holding his bag open for the candy to be dropped in,  he helped close the door at each house! 

A friend commented that he seemed to enjoy the experience more than other typical two-year olds. I agree. He's not a bit shy and he totally "gets" the whole thing. Great job Ralphie!

Happy Halloween and Happy Down Syndrome Awareness Month! 

2 comments:

SunflowerStories said...

He is such a cute pirate! I love his take charge trick-or-treat style!

Anonymous said...

Smiling through your whole post! (Not noticing your window.)

Barbara