Monday, December 22, 2008

Cleaning and purging day!

We had a little cleaning party today. My laundry room was getting ridiculous! Plus, Grandma Linda is coming for Christmas. I'm not sure if I can live up to her standards with eight children in the house. But, we hope to avoid grossing her out!



So why should I mop the floor when I have the "A" Team? Four kids, each with a washrag, can make quick work of the kitchen and dining room floor! They are also expert at wiping down doors, window sills and baseboards.

I sorted the huge pile of clothes and stuff that my helpers pile up in the laundry room when they don't feel like putting it away where it is supposed to go. One bag of trash, one bag to Goodwill, one laundry basket for the consignment store, one box to store for Ralph and one box of baby girl clothes and a ton of clothes that the kids forgot that they even had! Seriously, my kids have way too many clothes! This purge is long overdue.

I boiled 5 pounds of potatoes and started the beans for tonight's chili. The potatoes should make enough hash browns to last all week. Now my legs are shot! I'm going to chill out on the couch for a while.

2 comments:

junglemama said...

Oooooo, please share your has brown recipe.

Anonymous said...

Does my heart good to read about how you manage - and to know you rest after work. chkl.

Merry Christmas!
Barbara