Monday, December 1, 2008

Is it really Monday already?

I was looking forward to putting up the Christmas tree over the weekend. Maybe even putting some lights on the house, shhhh! Now it is Monday and the kids are back to school. I'm still sitting in a hospital room with Ralph and I'm sure the house is wrecked.

I'm really hopeful that he will get to come home today. His sats were very good all night long, but then he was getting breathing treatments every 2 hours. His sats are good unless his nose is plugged up. I was trying to clean his nose this morning when he got another bloody nose! Then I noticed he was breathing through his mouth a few minutes ago so I cleaned his nose again. Another bloody nose!

The nurse says that lots of kids do that here because the air is so dry. I just hope this nose business isn't the thing that keeps us here another day. It is 10:30 am and still no doctor, not our doctor anyway. But you can surely tell that it is Monday! This morning we have seen a medical student, 2 student nurses, one nurse in orientation, Ralph's nurse, resp tech. and the resident! I like the weekends because it is so quiet up here.

Another medication snafu this morning! The nurse brought in Ralph's 7 am meds and asked me if I want his lasix pills crushed or what. Pills? She said they were in his medicine box. I sent her back to look for the little brown glass bottle of liquid lasix. Grrrr.

I asked our day nurse, because she is the one that I totally trust, to check out his medicine box and let me know what is going on. She said that I can request that the medicine bottles be brought to me so that I can draw up the doses! Wow! I wish I had known this 3 or 4 days ago. I'm so uncomfortable with other people in charge of his medication. It turns out that the pills are, indeed, his. They were sent up from the pharmacy because they didn't know that he had home meds here. But, pills?

I'll update after I see the doctor. I certainly hope that today is the day we get to come home. I'll let you know.

1 comments:

Haasiegirl said...

stephanie, we need your address for the superhero set!

trisha